Monday, December 10, 2012

MIA no more

I've been MIA because I was.

I've been writing and going to a writer's group, still. So I didn't stop writing. I only stopped blogging.

I've decided to start up again and right now I've decided to use I've a lot. How am I doing? Since my last blog I've come up with a lot of great ideas for Jeremiah Jericho. I wrote a good query for it and sent it to, I think, five agents. Four of them have sent back rejections. All of the rejections were expected. I wasn't disappointed in them not wanting it. I'm waiting for the final one, because that's the one I expect to say yes. It's not like one of those yes replies that I'm sure of. It's more of a hopeful yes. I hope she says yes. Or at least she says yes to reading a little more of my novel.

I've stopped writing movie reviews for a while, but I've not stopped writing I've. As one can see. Anyway, by not writing movie reviews I can see movies, complain about them in my head and write my novel. It works out for me.

Where am I at right now with Jeremiah Jericho? I'm fixing the formatting of the first book. Christopher and Jeffrey's dialogue. I'm also writing the second novel by the seat of my pants. I had a sketchy idea of where I wanted it to go, but based on how I've written it, it veered off course. A bad thing? I don't know. I think it's an okay thing (you should Google where OK started, it's pretty interesting...saw it in a movie).

Initially I wanted Jeremiah Jericho to be local. I didn't want him to venture off into the world. Mainly because I didn't want to have to dabble in research of places and such. But I allowed the story to control me and dictate where it wanted to go and I've ended up in places I've never visited. So I had to do a little research. It's not going to stop, either. It's become a world thing and it's annoying that's not what I wanted. I'm dealing with that realization. Sadly. It's not too bad, so that's good.

My friend created what Jeremiah Jericho would look like. I liked it, except for the long hair, but I got over that. It's pretty darn cool, I think.


I'm impressed, as I told him. I'm still in awe. It's just neat to see my character in drawn form. I've had other people draw him, but it's not as cool as having a friend do it.

That's where I'm at. It's late and I shouldn't have started this, but I thought I'd update it for fun. I don't know how many people read this, but if no one it's more like a writing diary of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment