Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How Do You Pronounce That?

Forvo knows. 

A website geared toward audio pronunciations of words from douchebag to porphyrophobia. Since people can upload their version of the pronunciation you get a lot of varying accents and infections. It's a bit addicting to hear words pronounced. Or I'm just weird.

I needed to know how to pronounce Burj Kahlifa and I Googled and found an answer on a different website than Forvo. On Farvo the person that pronounced it didn't do it right. TOO fast. After hearing it from the Pronounce Names website I understood her, but if I heard hers first, I'd have been lost. 

Another website to waste precious time searching for funny words, dirty words and words you just have trouble pronouncing and really want to do your intelligence justice. 

On a different note it would be nice to have a sign off phrase on my blog posts, but I don't have anything right now. I'll just say....whatever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment