Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ugly Week

I'm mad because I didn't get started on my episode of Ugly Fools earlier this week and now I have nothing to work with. I had held off until Saturday, but that didn't work out. I hate going places on Saturday it screws up everything. I had fun, which makes me mad stupid with a sweet does of inconsistancy. I wanted to write but I had so much fun that I didn't get home until I was ready to sleep. That didn't happen, though. My mind slept while I vegged out on a bit of TV and my addiction to documentaries on Netflix.

I didn't have time to write during the week. Maybe my issue is that I don't just do what I tell others to do, which is to set a timer and write every single day. I suck at stuff like scheduling. I'm also not great at being on time. I find things to do as I'm getting ready and they're all important things I need to do at that moment.

Ugly Fools won't be updated tonight. Along the lines of Ugly Fools I need to decide if I'm going to do all 9 in an episode or do the entire three character an episode until the fourth in the series of episodes and that one will have all 9. I sort of like that idea.

Nine characters presents its own kind of problem and that is 9 different personalities. I have to keep them straight and not confuse them. That's one reason why I decided to do this. It's another exercise for me to work on. I'll be creating an Ugly Fools Bible so that I can keep up with everything I writing.

It makes me sad when I don't get to write every single day. It makes me feel like a full person to write. Again, I'll have to do that timer thing. Even if (as I tell others) it's just for five minutes. I'm fearful of how long I'd go. I was never good with timers when my brothers and I used one to dictate when our turn was up when we played video games. None of us were. We always wanted to go a few more seconds. Which turned into minutes and then tattletaling. Good times.

As for Jeremiah Jericho: Forty Two, I'm really close to finishing the first draft. I did what I wanted with the section of writing last week, but I went a little overboard on the narration. I have to find a happy medium. I have plans to take Shawn and move him to the first book more.

The thing is, the more I write this second book the more I see what I need to have in the first and what I could possibly remove.

I had enough brain power to write this, but not enough to focus on Ugly Fools. Sad, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment